And it turned it lovely! Really nice after a long stressful day because it wasn't too heavy and it wasn't too light. This dish is really versatile so if you want more veggies you can add them or if you don't like one of the vegetables in this recipe you can easily change it to suit your taste.
If you want the recipe for this delicious dish then carry on reading...
Serves 1 (hungry person)
- 10 or more slices of cucumber, halved and then halved again
- 1 Tomato - cut up into chunks
- A big handful of lettuce - sliced (use whatever type you prefer, I used butterhead)
- 2 Handfuls of quinoa
- Half a tin of flageolet beans
- 1 Vegetable oxo cube
- French dressing - optional
- Put your quinoa in a saucepan and crumble in your oxo cube
- Add boiling water (enough to atleast fill half the saucepan) and bring to the boil
- After you've brought it to the boil leave it to simmer for 25 minutes
- 5 minutes before the quinoa is done add your beans
- Drain in a sieve, serve with your salad - adding French dressing if you want