But after having this curry I will never go back, not even for a chinese takeaway vegetable curry and believe you me at one point in time I would have never passed up on a offer for a chinese takeaway.
Not a fan of coconut milk? Not a problem! This curry is thickened with cornflour not coconut milk
You could serve this delicious spicy curry with Naan Bread and/or rice!
I would rate this curry a mild/medium heat - perfect if you're not a lover of hot curries however if you are just add more curry powder or a higher strength powder.
- 1 White Onion - chopped
- Half a Courgette - sliced
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach
- 200ml of vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon of Cornflour water mixed with cold water until it has no lumps
- 1 Teaspoon of cumin
- Half a teaspoon of paprika
- 3/4 Tablespoons of mild/medium curry powder
- 2 Garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 Thumb sized piece of Ginger - crushed
- A pinch of turmeric - this is optional, only do this if you have turmeric in already
- 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil
- Put your olive oil in your wok on a medium heat with the onion, courgette, spinach, garlic & ginger
- Once the vegetables have softened add your vegetable stock and all of your spices
- Cook for 15-20 minutes on a low heat stirring occasionally
- Add your cornflour but make sure all of the lumps are out
- Cook for a further 5 minutes stirring frequently because the cornflour will thicken it almost immediately
- Serve and enjoy!