Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Vegan Stir Fry


I love stir fry

They are incredibly quick and easy to make whilst still tasting delicious. As well as being super versatile. 

However my pre-vegan stir fry's used egg noodles, but now i've found two great alternatives that I can't wait to share with you, so carry on reading if you're as excited as I am!

This recipe is super healthy which is how I like to keep my stir fry but you can add optional sauces. 

Ingredients: 

  • Vegetables - as little or as much as you like. In this picture I used bean sprout, carrot, mushrooms, red onion and cabbage - If you're in a rush you can buy a pre-made vegetable box from the fresh veg section, which are really handy, just be cautious of how they were prepared for cross contamination. 
  • Noodles - there are two stir fry noodles that are perfectly vegan, either rice noodles which are super healthy and yummy or what I used today 2 whole wheat dry noodles, or regular if you prefer, I like dry noodles because they aren't fresh so you can just keep them in the cupboard and have stir fry whenever you're in the mood or have spare veg available. 
  • Optional: Sauces, just use your favourite sauce. If you have no idea what sauce you would like then just go to the stir fry sauce section of your regular shop and pick out what sounds best. Soy sauce is a common stir fry sauce however in my opinion is too overpowering so for this I used a sweet and sour sauce which was lovely.
Method:
  • Cook your noodles according to packet instructions
  • Cook your veg until it's nice and soft, I cooked mine for 15/20 minutes, adding optional sauce
  • Once they're cooked add in the noodles and some more sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment