This dish is effortless to make, because it all cooks in one dish, and tastes divine.
It's also super healthy because of all the vegetables used - don't worry if you're not a fan of vegetables because the spices really drown out some of the heavier vegetable flavours.
- 3/4 Handfuls of arborio rice
- A handful or two of fresh spinach - rough chopped
- 1 White onion, chopped
- 1 Quarter of a cartoon of chopped tomatoes, with added basil (optional)
- Half a courgette, sliced
- Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of dry parsley or a handful of fresh
- 350-400ml of boiling water
- 1 Vegetable oxo cube
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 1 Bay leaf
- A pinch of oregano
- A sprinkle of paprika
- Put your spinach, courgette and onion into a wok with some olive oil on a medium heat
- Stir occasionally so the they don't burn and cook until they've softened, 5-10 minutes
- Add your tomatoes and bay leaf
- Crumble your oxo cube into the boiling water and add to the wok
- Add your rice and all of your spices - bring to boil and then simmer
- Cook for 30 minutes, stirring roughly every 10 minutes
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Top Rice Tips:
- If the rice is too hard add some more water and cook until it's soaked up, allowing the rice to soften. Make sure to taste the rice before you serve it up.
- If the 30 minutes are up and the water still isn't soaked up simply allow it longer to cook.
- Place a lid over the wok to keep the heat in the wok.
- If it's absorbing the water too quickly turn your heat down.