If you don't have time to cook but still want something yummy risottos are perfect, just leave them to simmer for 30 minutes whilst you get on with whatever you need to do, whether it's coursework, cleaning up, having a shower, you can really get a lot done in half an hour!
I always eat 1 portion and then have the leftovers the next day, which trust me are just as good. Risottos are so easy and simple to make and a lot of the ingredients are everyday things you'd have in your home, I love to make a risotto when I have left over veg that I don't know how to use up.
- 3 Cauliflower heads, chopped
- Half a packet of green beans, chopped
- 1 White onion, chopped
- 5 Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Big handfuls of arborio rice
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 400ml of boiling water
- Olive oil, to cook the vegetables
- 1 Tablespoon of vegan butter
- Put your vegetables in a wok with some olive oil on a medium heat
- Get your vegetable cube and dissolve it in the boiling water
- Once the veg has softened add the stock to the wok and bring it to the boil
- Add the butter and leave to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.