The staple to any meal from a Chinese takeaways is rice, and before I went vegan my usual takeaway order was a curry and egg fried rice.
Since i'm now a vegan and also eating healthier I wanted to create a fried rice that was vegan friendly but still just as tasty and this recipe is just that! As well as being super easy to make.
Fried rice is so great because you can add pretty much any vegetables and it'll still taste lovely, or you can skip the veg and just serve it on it's own, with sauce or with a curry!
- 4 Closed cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 White onion, chopped
- 3/4 Cauliflower heads, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of vegan butter
- Olive Oil
- 1 Cooked bag of white rice
- A sprinkle of paprika
- Add some olive oil to a wok
- Add your chopped vegetables, and a little paprika
- Cook for 15-20 minutes on a low heat
- Add your butter & cooked rice, stir frequently to avoid the rice sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Cook for 5-10 minutes