Crumble's are lovely because they're so quick and easy to make!
Which means their perfect if you want to throw something together quick maybe after dinner or on a lazy sunday, or whenever you just fancy a crumble!
They're also great for beginners to cooking because they use minimal ingredients & take 10/15 minutes to prepare, so even the most inexperienced cooks can give it a go, I cannot stress enough how easy they are to make!
You can use pretty much any fruit you want, apples, pears, apricots, rhubarb, blackberry, plums, pears.
- 5 Tablespoons of plain flour
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 Punnet of plumbs - or a fruit of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1 Tablespoon of caster sugar - for the fruit
- 4 Tablespoons of demerara sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of cold water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Cut your plums in half and take the stones out
- Place them in a dish with the skin facing down - so the sugar can soak into the fruit
- Sprinkle over your caster sugar and add the water
- Cook in the oven for 10/15 minutes or until softened
- Whilst you're fruit is in the oven get a mixing bowl and add your butter and flour
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs
- Mix in your cinnamon and demerara sugar
- Get your fruit out of the oven and sprinkle over the crumble mixture, pressing it down with the back of a clean spoon
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes on the middle shelf.