I haven't had a pasta bake in forever because I couldn't find a dairy free and soy free cheese but today I found my new favourite vegan cheese the review for which you can find here
Now I warn you, this pasta bake is not the healthiest I admit but it is definitely the tastiest! So if you're looking for a lovely creamy and cruelty free pasta bake this is the recipe for you!
But I have a confession to make, not only have I not had a pasta bake in forever, i've also never made one like ever
So this dish was just things I put together that I thought would taste good and it certainly did, it is so simple to make and only uses 8 simple ingredients. This recipe does contain wine, but if you don't drink alcohol you can leave that out.
- 1 White onion, cut into rings
- 3 Tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1 Teaspoon of dry parsley or a handful of fresh
- 1 Teaspoon of paprika
- Half a packet of vegan cheese - I use violife
- White Wine
- Half a packet of Conchiglie pasta cooked - basically the shell shaped pasta
- 2 Garlic cloves - crushed
- Get a roasting tray and put in your onions, 1 tablespoon of butter and a splash of wine
- Cook in the oven for 15/20 minutes
- Once that's cooked add your cooked pasta, remaining butter, paprika, parsley ,some more white wine and your garlic.
- Get your cheese and melt it in the microwave and then add to the dish
- Mix everything together with a spoon and pop in the oven at 200°C for 25/30 minutes.