Saturday, November 08, 2014

Vegan Cheesy Pasta Bake



I haven't had a pasta bake in forever because I couldn't find a dairy free and soy free cheese but today I found my new favourite vegan cheese the review for which you can find here

Now I warn you, this pasta bake is not the healthiest I admit but it is definitely the tastiest! So if you're looking for a lovely creamy and cruelty free pasta bake this is the recipe for you!

But I have a confession to make, not only have I not had a pasta bake in forever, i've also never made one like ever 

So this dish was just things I put together that I thought would taste good and it certainly did, it is so simple to make and only uses 8 simple ingredients. This recipe does contain wine, but if you don't drink alcohol you can leave that out.



Serves 2:

Ingredients:


  • 1 White onion, cut into rings
  • 3 Tablespoons of vegan butter
  • 1 Teaspoon of dry parsley or a handful of fresh
  • 1 Teaspoon of paprika
  • Half a packet of vegan cheese - I use violife
  • White Wine
  • Half a packet of Conchiglie pasta cooked - basically the shell shaped pasta
  • 2 Garlic cloves - crushed

Method:


  • Get a roasting tray and put in your onions, 1 tablespoon of butter and a splash of wine
  • Cook in the oven for 15/20 minutes
  • Once that's cooked add your cooked pasta, remaining butter, paprika, parsley ,some more white wine and your garlic. 
  • Get your cheese and melt it in the microwave and then add to the dish
  • Mix everything together with a spoon and pop in the oven at 200°C for 25/30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment