My mum used to always make this when I was younger and it was gorgeous, but definitely not cruelty free...
So I decided to make a cruelty free version for the first time and it turned out really well! This recipe is so easy to make and tastes lovely.
This recipe only uses 8 ingredients and is so simple to make, perfect for one of those evenings when you have more time to cook.
Creamy, Cheesy and Tasty...
- Half a packet of vegan cheese, grated (I use violife)
- 1 Tablespoon of vegan butter
- 1 Tablespoon of plain flour
- 200ml of rice milk
- 1 Teaspoon of paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of dry parsley or a handful of fresh
- A sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1 Cauliflower - cut off all of the heads (florets) and throw away the leaves, steam for 20 minutes.
- Get a saucepan and add your butter and flour, stir for a few minutes on a medium heat
- Add your milk, stir constantly to avoid lumps, press the lumps up against the side of the saucepan to break them down
- Once the sauce has thickened take it off the heat, if there's still lumps sieve it, add your grated cheese and stir in
- Put your cauliflower in a roasting tray and pour over your cheese sauce
- Sprinkle over some salt and pepper and your paprika and parsley
- Pop in the oven for 30 minutes