Saturday, November 08, 2014

UK Vegan Reviews: Violife Cheese


Vegan Cheese is something I really struggle with.

All of the cruelty free cheeses i'd found always contained soya, and until soya is proven that's it's either safe or not i'm definitely avoiding it. 

So for ages I just had to go without cheese, which is hard as you can imagine, but then the other day I was reading a magazine from a nutrition centre shop and they had an advertisement for Violife cheese...

I'd never heard of it before and presumed it would contain soya, but as I read on I couldn't believe what I was reading

Soy Free, Dairy Free, Palm Oil Free, Gluten Free and Preservative Free 

It was just too good to be true! So I knew I had to get it right now, I searched online and found that Tesco did it and for just £2.29!




So this is what it looks like, it comes in different flavours/strengths - which i'm not sure Tesco stocks and also in a sliced version which they do stock.

I decided to first try it out making a Cheesy Pasta Bake - you can find the recipe for that here and later I made a Cauliflower Cheese you can find that here

And wow oh wow was it good! For being free from so many things it tasted amazing, it's very stretchy in consistency and tastes abit like less creamy version of dairylea. I got the original flavour which is not too strong and not too mild just how I like it! 

So if you're looking for a dairy free, soy free, palm oil free and gluten free vegan cheese then this is definitely the one for you! I give this product 5/5 well done Violife!

If you want more information on this great product check out their website at www.violife.gr 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god thankyou so much for this! I'll be going to tescos very soon x

    ReplyDelete