This risotto recipe is perfect for getting all those nutrients in especially in the winter because of the spinach it's high in Vitamin C!
Excuse the poor photo, since it's Autumn now and I live in England it's getting darker way earlier so my photos aren't going to look so good for a while ☹ And also this risotto just didn't look that nice despite it's lovely taste, but you know what they say, don't judge a book by it's cover!
- 1 White onion, diced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1 Cup of frozen peas
- 4 Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of Spinach, (put in the food processor)
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 2/3 Handfuls of arborio rice
- 425ml of vegetable stock - cold water and a vegetable oxo cube
- A sprinkle of parsley fresh or dry
- A sprinkle of paprika
- Olive Oil
- Pour some olive oil, roughly a teaspoon, into a wok on medium heat
- Add your onion, carrot, peas, mushrooms and spinach
- Cook for 10-15 minutes
- Add your paprika, parsley, curry powder
- Add your vegetable stock and rice
- Once it's bubbling put it on a low heat
- Cook for 30 minutes
- Occasionally stir it and check the water hasn't dried out, if so then just add a few tablespoons of water
- Once the 30 minutes is up check the rice and if it's still hard add more water and cook until that's absorbed, otherwise serve and enjoy!