Friday, October 03, 2014

Vegan Treacle Tart



For a Sunday dessert I wanted something comforting and warm but really easy. I came up with this vegan treacle tart which was amazing! I've always loved treacle tart so I'm glad I've got an easy vegan recipe to make now.

Let me know if you make this in the comments!

Ingredients:
  • butter/oil for greasing baking tray
  • 250g plain flour
  • 130g non-dairy butter (I used a soy-free sunflower butter)
  • 400g golden syrup
  • handful of breadcrumbs

Recipe:
  • preheat oven to 180°c
  • grease baking tray with butter/oil
  • in a mixing bowl, rub together the flour and butter until it resembles breadcrumbs
  • using your hands, work the mixture into a dough ball
  • on a flour-covered surface, roll out the dough so it's big enough to fit your baking tray
  • place the dough over the tray and mould it into the shape, making sure there is a dip in the middle
  • pour the golden syrup into the middle of the pastry
  • sprinkle breadcrumbs over the treacle
  • bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry has browned slightly
  • serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment