I've said it before and i'll say it again, risottos are the best
They're so quick and easy to make and they taste delicious, all of that creamy flavour without any dairy? I'm in!
It's also great if you're on a budget because this tasty risotto uses minimal ingredients that are cheap and easy to find.
- 3/4 Handfuls of arborio rice
- 4 Medium/Large closed cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 White onion, chopped
- 1 Leek chopped
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of dry parsley or a handful of fresh
- 1 Tablespoon of vegan butter
- 350-400ml of boiling water
- 1 Vegetable oxo cube
- Put your onion, leek and mushrooms into a wok with some olive oil on a medium heat
- Stir occasionally so the they don't burn and cook until they've softened 5-10 minutes
- Add some salt and pepper - however much you like but don't go overboard
- Crumble your oxo cube into the boiling water and add to the wok
- Add your rice and butter and bring to boil
- Leave to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
Top Rice Tips:
- If the rice is too hard add some more water and cook until it's soaked up, allowing the rice to soften. Make sure to taste the rice before you serve it up.
- If the 30 minutes are up and the water still isn't soaked up simply allow it longer to cook.
- Place a lid over the wok to keep the heat in the wok.
- If it's absorbing the water too quickly turn your heat down.