I always get stuck on one meal for months and then get sick of it and move on to another one and at the moment i'm stuck on risottos...
Risottos are really lovely because you can add practically anything you want to them and they will still taste gorgeous.
I also love how the simmering of the risotto really developing a nice creamy sauce that is flavoured by whatever spices you've added.
- Olive Oil
- 1 Green pepper, diced
- 1 White onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Cup of frozen peas
- 1 Cup of spinach, diced
- 1 Leek, diced
- 1 Vegetable oxo cube
- 400ml of cold water
- 4 Handfuls of arborio rice
- 1 Teaspoon of mild curry powder
- A Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of dry parsley or a handful of fresh
- 1 Teaspoon of paprika
- Get your vegetables and put them in a wok with some olive oil on a medium heat
- Once they've softened get your jug of cold water, add the spices and the oxo cube
- Pour into the wok and add the rice
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 35 minutes
- Stir occasionally and add more water if it gets too dry
- Serve and enjoy